• WHY? Spray application of preservatives has proven to be a highly effective treatment throughout our years of experience with cooling towers. Though it's mainly a preventative to future infections, it can also retard or control the spread of existing decay. It's imperative that cooling tower chemicals be thoroughly applied in order to kill existing microorganisms and to form a resistant barrier on wood surfaces.
• WHAT? The ChemGuard preservative is uniquely effective in preventing microbiological deterioration of cooling tower wood. It's a broad spectrum fungicide as well as a highly effective algaecide and bactericide; it has substantial penetration and is not readily leached from the wood by surface water. ChemGuard’s self-contained mobile unit was specifically designed for use in spray application for cooling tower treatment programs. The sophisticated equipment delivers a treated spray at 500 psi.
Let's give you a bit more insight into how it functions and how it'll be applied to your cooling tower.
• HOW? Our technician gives careful attention to spraying all critical areas of wood:
- treating the plenum chamber framework
- drift eliminators
- inside casing
- partition walls
- underside of the fan deck
- AND the lower 5 feet of the wooden fan stacks
A water soluble, rapidly fading red dye is added to the chemical so that the technician has a visual indicator of optimum coverage. You can rest assured that you'll have a comprehensive cooling tower treatment program in place with our skilled technicians properly and thoroughly applying ChemGuard.
• WHEN? Spray treatment is generally performed annually to maximize protection against microbiological attack. It has been proven, time and time again, to be the most economical preventative option.
In summary, have no worries about costly structural repairs and leave it to STAR to implement a highly effective plan to preserve the future of your cooling tower.